<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Happy Month Little Dreadlings

So, I seem to have bypassed my first little dreadiversary. My new locks have been around for over a month now and are coming along beautifully. The first couple weeks were spent avoiding mirrors and donning all sorts of head gear. I rolled and rolled and rolled them and was often frightened by my own reflection. I'm really starting to love them though, especially my tiny little bangs...

I went out for the first time without a hat or wrap this weekend quite confidently, it was really freeing. And I'm starting to get used to looking at my mug as it is without hair covering half it. The biggest change is actually having hair with some oomph, for the first time in, oh, ever.

It's not without work though, these babies keep me busy. I've probably spent more time on my hair this month than I have in last year combined. My latest feat is separating (read: ripping - ouch!) my dreads in two (or three or four) to get the tiny little locks my head desires.

I'm thinking by this summer they'll pretty much be set. I'm happy, I love it, feels like me.

Labels:

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Mommy Instincts says so:
    1:06 AM  

    Your dreads are beautiful...I love them.

    No we just gotta dye my hair, and we'll be set!

    Jen top

  • Blogger To Think is to Create says so:
    4:04 AM  

    You look amazing, I love how much your eyes are saying in that first pic. I wonder what you were thinking about. The front always looks cute, but I can tell you've been working on them because the back looks *awesome*. :) It's so important to have our own hair, "us" hair. top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    5:35 AM  

    Wow- you look great! I love the oomph! I also am reminded that the last time I actually SAW YOU IN PERSON was when we did these!

    Steph top

  • Blogger Emily says so:
    6:53 AM  

    I agree they are really coming along! top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    11:41 AM  

    OMG, that is my favorite picture of you!! I can't believe how amazing they look in just a month! Wow, I really like the smaller size too. Awesome, awesome. Kinda hating you though, sorry.

    After talking with some formerly dreaded friends I had decided that dreads may not be the best for me but you have made me reconsider. Have 4 months to convince the husband and then you can help make me beautiful ;) top

  • Blogger JoynerFam says so:
    2:14 PM  

    Totally Rockin! If my hair was longer I would copy you!
    Amanda top

  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    7:49 PM  

    They look amazing! I just gave mine a much needed washing. Ah, my scalp thanks me :) top

  • Blogger It's a Beautiful Ride says so:
    11:16 AM  

    They look great and not everyone can sport em' but you and Jaymi are really working the dreads baby! top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    3:43 PM  

    I think they look great!

    I haven't been in for a haircut since the beginning of December. I go on the 11th and may do some layering and something different. HUM????

    Lori top