<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Month 22 (and 2 days)

Sweet Xavier,
I used to be so good about monthly posts and updates but I've been neglecting them more and more. Actually, its ok because the less time I spend here the more time I have for you. Or sleep. And since you love sleep almost as much as me I know you understand. You're sleeping right now actually, right here in the crook of my arm nursing and snoozing away. My plan had originally been to let you sleep and then sneak away (something I rarely do) to tackle some laundry or something equally dreary, but every time you roll over and I attempt to sit up, you flop back over and sleepily scramble around for more "nonny". And so I'm laying here slowly blogging on your beloved iPhone.

In my mind this month blends with the last and the one before that so forgive me if I don't document much "new-ness". Fall has settled in and you are loving the changes. Wondering why the green tree is turning red, the air is colder and the squirrels are frantically ridding our trees of nuts and acorns. It's dark now when we go get Papa from work and you love hunting the moon. You keep me busy. Keep me smiling. Occasionally you'll tell a joke that's so funny you even crack yourself up.

Most of all I am amazed at how you love. Of course papa and I get the bulk of you gushiness, but people matter so much to you. You remember your friends and strangers alike, you want to know how they are doing, you want to see and share. So often we'll be lost in a task and you'll ask about someone- its just as likely to be your best buddy as some man you spotted on a walk 3 weeks past. That's what life is all about my boy and I'm amazed you get that now.

Of course you are a toddler, still figuring out your wants and needs, your place, at times that gets overwhelming- understandably- and a meltdown may ensue. Always remember that everyone needs a good cry every once in a while and believe me, I have moments I wish I could fall down on the floor and sob because the sun isn't shining.

I feel obligated to share some of your current favorites and so I will- you love Dinosaurs, you know their names and what they eat, and you do this super cute Dino walk. Your favorite changes, it was T-Rex, Triceratops ("cera-pots"), then Appatasaurus. Today it's Trachadon. He eats grass. Things that go are also pretty impressive- trains and trucks, airplanes and the ambulance. You've always had music in your bones, but now you really make your own. You're always singing, playing the piano, or the big guitar. I am grateful you are content listening to our "real" music. Even if it means I have to explain to Granny that your favorite singer really is Bob Marley.

You are ALWAYS talking and I love it. My little narrator explaining away our days. You don't sign much anymore, really just to add extra emphasis to your "please" and "sorry". In fact when I showed you some of your old baby signs the other day you thought it was hilarious and gave me that look like I was making things up. You count to ten (well almost- you seem to have an aversion to the number 5) and can spell your name - x.a.v.I.E.RRRRR!- and colors are old news.

You are a bit of a study in genetics, your ability to understand and speak Spanish amazes me. Even though you don't hear it much, you just get it. Not too long ago your Aunt Olivia (leeba) brought you some Spanish/English flash cards, I'll admit I rolled my eyes, flashcards are about as much fun as having your fingernails trimmed, but you curled up into her lap and for nearly 30 minutes straight listened to words and phrases and repeated every single one in Spanish. And you surprise me by throwing them in our conversations here and there...

Well little one, I'm rambling and could continue on and on and on. Just know you are loved. Can't wait to see what this month brings!

All my squeezes,
Mama

Labels:

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    11:20 PM  

    Oh happy 22 months!! This world is such a happier place with you in it. xoxoxoxoxo top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    2:10 PM  

    This is a sweet post. Wow, he's such a little man. And has such good taste in music. Lately Carter's favorite is Smashing Pumpkins... what can I say?

    Steph top

  • Blogger Mommy Instincts says so:
    7:53 PM  

    Oh Ashlee, I envy the way you talk to Xavier. On the way home from the park today, I was actually thinking to myself that X is going to grow and be the most polite, caring, sincere guy because of the kind of Mama he's got. My heart yearns to have that sort of relationship with Jonah as he gets older. I find myself getting less frustrated and being more understanding of Jonah, the more we hang out with you and "Javi". You make ME want to be a better Mommy. I am now going to go find a good and blank journal, and start writing letters to Jonah. Thank you, for helping me be a better Mommy. ;-)

    Jen top

  • Blogger Life With All Boys says so:
    8:34 AM  

    WOW! Almost 2. This was a beautiful post written only as you can. top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    9:14 AM  

    Sweet X!! I can't believe he's almost two. CRAZY! I am trying to comprehend sending Mark to PRESCHOOL next year. Now that crazy!

    Lori top

  • Anonymous To Think is to Create says so:
    11:57 AM  

    I see an extraordinary life for that little guy, those kind of super human brain cells aren't gifted to just anyone. I'm honored to know him, and you. top

  • Blogger Mimi's Toes says so:
    9:32 AM  

    He is so precious...You have been tagged for a meme....by ME... top