<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Morning Giggles

I can always count on potty time for the best conversations. This morning during X's poop run I was not disappointed.

X: "Mama, Pony book, read it!"
M: "You read it to Mama, please"
X: "Ok. Doggie... Kitty Cat... Mouse... Hedgehodge... (skips over cow) PONY!!!"
M: "There's your Pony! Can you tell Mama what the Pony says?"
X: "Pony. NEIGH!"
M: "That's right, and how does the Pony move?"
X: "Pony move? Pony gallops! This pony gallops WONKY!"
M- "Wonky?!"

Now, I do remember once upon a time telling Xavier that our shopping cart wheel was wonky, but it was some time ago. Ah! I needed that laugh!

(is this one of those had to be there situations?)

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    11:46 AM  

    Oh- I love it!!! Hilarious!

    Steph top

  • Blogger Life With All Boys says so:
    2:16 PM  

    HA! He is just too cute. top

  • Anonymous O Mama Mia says so:
    7:54 PM  

    Oh how I love potty conversations! I remember one shortly after she learned th potty & I was "keeping her company". She started "chugga chugga chugga" so I asked if she was a trian & she giggles. "No. chugga chugga chugga... I went POO POO!!!"
    I still laugh. top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    8:12 PM  

    Well I wasn't there and I think it's pretty darn funny! top

  • Blogger Arianne says so:
    12:44 AM  

    awe, so observant he is. :) top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    7:19 AM  

    Very cute! That little guy is one smart boy!

    Lori top

  • Blogger Heaven Sent says so:
    1:47 PM  

    I love hearing their thoughts out loud. So cute! And "wonky" -- yes, that is funny, whether you were there or not! top

  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    3:02 PM  

    Selah is sitting next to me in the chair while I blog and she got all excited when I clicked on your blog and she saw X!!

    He's too much!! What a smarty! I loved when he sat on Jon's drum and would say "Pony!" LOL top

  • Anonymous casual friday everyday says so:
    10:04 PM  

    sounds like my kind of conversation! :) top

  • Blogger JoynerFam says so:
    9:10 PM  

    Y'all are so cute! I finished a hat for x. Its a viking hat LOL! I had some trouble with the horns but its super cute Ill post a pic of it later tonight. I just need a address to send it to. LOVE YA! top