<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

It'll Grow Back


Hair cut - after, originally uploaded by Mama's Nest / Ashlee.

Yesterday. 4:30 pm. Hair cut. I think this was the official first, the bang cut shouldn't count. Nervous but confident, I knew I'd cry but X was so excited, he's been asking for a Mohawk for weeks and it was just time.

We made an appointment with the guy that cuts my Mama-in-love's 'do and he was great with X when we walked in and got him all set up in the big chair with his super cape. I spend a couple of minutes articulating what I'd like done and he even repeats a few things back. Yes! This is going to be great!

Scissors are brandished and aparently something about, "I don't want any length taken off the top and would like the sides kind os shaggy- NOT buzzed" translated to, "Please make sure your first cut takes a couple inches off the top and buzz away" And it just kept. Getting. Shorter.

X was really cool with the whole thing (of course) the pile of hair on his lap was a little freaky but he loved the mini-shower and could have felt the buzz of "papa's razor" all day.

And so my baby has a faux 'hawk. No more curls over here. It is cute and X LOVES his "dino mokhawk" so all is well. But Papa and I are on the other side of the fence, it's just WAY too short and so different! Those curls left a sweetness, this is all big, tough boy.

There are parts of this sweet little head I hadn't seen in so long though, back of the ears and neck and this forehead! And I'd never realized just how much I play with his curls, until of course I go to detangle and bounce them and they're not there. At the park this morning I even had my first thought of, "I hope his head doesn't get sunburnt"
!



I think I'll just commit to what I said last time and stick with cutting it myself from now on. Until then, it will grow back!

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    2:09 PM  

    He is absolutely adorable and I will say that one of my VERY favorite spots to kiss Gray is behind those ears. OH, I want to wake him from his nap right now to do it!!

    Steph top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    3:38 PM  

    I love it!

    I've always kept Matt's hair VERY short, but now I am thinking of growing it out some.

    Now my turn to share my favorite spot to kiss my boys: THE NECK!! (Usually that sparks a belly laugh too.) Priceless.

    Lori top

  • Blogger Randi says so:
    7:09 PM  

    I think he looks GREAT!! Isn't it amazing how much they look so much older when it is short like that!? top

  • Blogger Staci says so:
    9:10 PM  

    He, of course, looks awesome. :)

    Staci top

  • Blogger Life With All Boys says so:
    10:16 PM  

    I think it's adorable. But X is so cute he'd look cute bald. top

  • Blogger Amber says so:
    4:58 PM  

    My baby was born with a faux hauk. Seriously funny and cute, though I must say it looks so much better on your little guy! top

  • Anonymous O Mama Mia says so:
    6:49 PM  

    Oh he looks so cool! When I was preg with Starlet I wanted a boy just so we could do the mohawk! top

  • Blogger To Think is to Create says so:
    4:59 PM  

    I love fauxhawks. It looks adorable! top

  • Blogger Heaven Sent says so:
    8:31 PM  

    First of all, I think he looks great, but I too am always amazed at how old boys look after their first real haircut. The good news is that they are still cute... heck, they were cute when they were bald, weren't they? And with X's eyes and sweet eyelashes, you really can't go wrong! top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    8:46 PM  

    He looks just smashing. He's adorable, the shorter the hair, the more of that cute face we get to see.

    Looks like both of us ended up with no more curls and hair shorter than planned, at least X has a cool style! top

  • Blogger Elizabeth F. says so:
    12:56 PM  

    The same thing happened to me. I told the lady kinda shaggy like the teenagers are wearing their hair...not a buzz. Xander's hair came out waaaay too short. No shag at all. Zachary screamed and refused a hair cut. I had to do it at home. VEry scary.

    X looks so cute! But I know what you mean about the curls. top