<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Lady Killer


I've known for some time that I need to keep an eye on X with the ladies. He has a way with people in general, let alone the oogly women folk. What I didn't expect, was him to turn the charm on me. A few times a day, completely at random, X will look at me with all seriousness and say, "Mommy, PRETTY!" followed up with a pretty intense smooch. Then there are the moments of staring deep in my eyes as he pats my hair. I've even gotten a few surprising cat-calls. I've no clue where he picked it up, but he's not too proud to throw out a "woo-hoo" every now and again.

We have a friend with a now almost grown daughter, who's made certain to raise her wonderfully. He took her on dates and bought her flowers, showed her how a man should treat her so that she would never settle. I, for some reason, always considered this with girls, but never thought much of the tables turned. I'm now seeing in my future the responsibility not only to teach Xavier how to respect women, but to show him how a woman should respect him.

Is it to early to start preparing for the first time he comes home with a broken heart?

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    5:20 AM  

    Oh I have a feeling he'll be breaking all the hearts! What a sweetie!

    Steph top

  • Blogger New Mama's Nest says so:
    7:59 AM  

    That my beautiful baby sis smooching my boy... top

  • Blogger Life With All Boys says so:
    8:48 AM  

    Oh, I LOVE the new look!!!

    And lady killer is he... top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    10:06 AM  

    Ok, that is so cute!!!

    Lori top

  • Blogger JoynerFam says so:
    10:38 AM  

    Sound like A & X should start a club. Whenever arthur sees a girl he proceeded to lean back and look at her booty and call "baby". No idea where he got it, hope you guys are well sorry we keep missing each other. top

  • Blogger Staci says so:
    11:15 AM  

    I love the new look.

    As always, X is the man. :) top

  • Blogger Heaven Sent says so:
    2:05 PM  

    He is so sweet! And I love the story about your friend and his daughter. I am taking notes for my hubby!

    X will surely be a lady killer with that tender heart and charming smile. But I have a feeling you will always be his number one girl! top

  • Blogger Jamie says so:
    4:23 PM  

    What a little lover!

    I love the idea of taking your child out on date to show them how they should be treated... brilliant!

    Do you get Real Simple? There was a special family issue with several letters that different people wrote to their kids to be read at different points in their childrens' lives. One of which was "the first time your heart gets broken". It was pretty cute, and a great idea I thought.. reminded me of your post. :) top

  • Blogger Tracey says so:
    5:53 PM  

    Take him on dates, too. Truly, it's wonderful to have time that is just about the two of you. It might seem like you have tons of fun time together now, but as you have more children or as he grows older, time is even more precious. I love taking just one child out to dinner and a movie. The things they say! top

  • Blogger tegdirb92 says so:
    11:53 PM  

    he's definitely a heart breaker :) Gorgeous!! top

  • Anonymous Annette says so:
    8:06 AM  

    What an adorable picture. I hope you do let him date you so you can show him how to treat his ladies. So wonderful! :-) top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    9:30 PM  

    How can a man this sweet and handsome end up with a broken heart? Impossible! I can't wait to hear these cat calls in action. You will always be his number one lady - you are pretty!

    That's such a wonderful thing your friend did...I really need to remember these things. top