<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Fast Forward

I feel like this week has been in overdrive. Go. Play. Go. Play. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. You know the routine. Monday we traded in some snuggle time for our usual day of cleaning. Tuesday brought Xavier's first Chiropractor appointment (not sure how that went). Wednesday was our monthly CHOICES meeting all about vaccination. Thursday - 90+ degrees = family trip to waterpark = sooo much fun ...and sunburn (just David and I, of course we lathered up Xavier and our tattoo's- just forgot the rest of our bodies) Wave pools, lazy river, slide of death, forgot the camera. Friday - Itsy Bitsy Yoga, nap, impromptu shopping trip for fabric and shoes... my kind of day. Tomorrow, it's up early to hit the farmer's markets- a highlight of my week as we see what's in store for our dinner table (it's mainly greens, asparagus, strawberries and rhubarb right now, so I'm having to be quite creative). Stay tuned for more on that in "Mostly Vegan and the Snail".

Happy weekend!

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Anonymous Peanut Butter and Jelly Boats says so:
    8:44 AM  

    Sounds like a busy week!

    Why does X need to go to the Chiropractor? top

  • Blogger mamamilkers says so:
    1:02 PM  

    I just had to laugh, that's exactly what gets lathered with sunscreen here, too. The children and the tattoos!

    lol

    Sounds like you guys have been having fun! top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    1:05 PM  

    Our parks dept is hosting a local farmer's market. I am so excited to go and see all the delicious eats -- plus I always love to support local growers!!! top

  • Blogger Carol Phillips says so:
    3:13 PM  

    We've just started going to our park, too... all the local farmers bring their goods. How do you get X to eat yummy greens?! Liam is stuck on fruits and oatmeal and other grains. Occasionally peanut butter. Sweet potatoes and corn are the only veggies he'll touch. top

  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    5:00 PM  

    We're seriously considering not following through on any of the girl's vaccinations...they would still need boosters, and not vaccinating the new baby at all. I bookmarked that link so I can read it all later. Well, actually theFM doesn't want to, I'm still a little nervous about not vaccinating. Also, I just read this book, I may blog a little on it here and there Natural Cures "they" don't Want You To Know ABout...and he says that you shouldn't use sunscreen. He says that sunscreen is what causes skin cancer, not the sun. I don't know about it, but it does make a little sense. Skin cancer is almost non-exsistant in Africa where they don't use sunscreen, and black people in the US get skin cancer....so? Anyway. didn't mean to ramble...But I've learned a ton of stuff from this book. We're not buying boxed, bagged, or canned foods at all anymore unless it's fully organic. And NO Fast Food at all! Ok, that's it! LOL top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    9:16 PM  

    Those shoes are adorable! And are you having a booth at the market? I told Jeff I'd like to go sit with you one Saturday!

    Steph top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    1:25 PM  

    We just got back from our farmers market. We pretty much picked up the same foods, except for rhubarb. I don't know what to do with it. Got some fun squash though!

    So funny, I'll take the time to do the perfect outline of my tattoos with sunblock but skip the rest of my body but it'd be quicker and easier if I just put it all over. I've had some serious, serious tattoo/sun reactions in previous years with sunblock and without. I was contemplating having them all removed b/c I couldn't live like that each summer. But this and last summer have been OK so far. I have yet to find a sunblock Cricket can use w/out breaking out in a rash. Cali baby is the least offensive but hoping for something better, what do you use? Interesting point Flip Flop made, have to research that.

    Curious about the chiro too... top

  • Blogger New Mama's Nest says so:
    2:35 PM  

    I use California Baby Sunblock on X... it works great, although on his dark skin he looks like a greasy ghost for about 30 minutes after applying. David and I just picked up Alba botanicals for ourselves, it has no parabens, a short ingredient list and worked great on our tattoos, although I just noticed it got a 3 on skindeep - (I try to stay below 2)...

    The chiro- I've been wanting to get adjusted since he was born but mainly took him to help him get all the toxins out from his surgery and salmonella funk. The lady I took him too was highly recommended but so I had no qualms, BUT she recommended seeing him 3x a week for a month! And I'm not comfortable with the dosages of some of the homeopaths she "prescribed"... so we canceled future appointments and are hoping to get a second opinion soon! top

  • Blogger Morgan Mann says so:
    3:41 PM  

    My son just had his 1 year shots and I totally felt bullied into getting some of them. I wish I would have remained tough on the issue. Thanks for the link!

    Has X had any shots? top

  • Blogger Carol Phillips says so:
    3:57 PM  

    Thanks for the heads up on the skindeep site... I'm amazed you guys know so much about all this! I have so much to learn. Of course, all of our products are toxic. top

  • Blogger New Mama's Nest says so:
    4:21 PM  

    Xavier got 3 rounds of Synagis to help protect him from RSV (due to prematurity) and he got DTaP and Prevnar at 3 months. His leg swelled up with a firm bump (like a golf ball) that remained for several weeks. I had initially hoped to not vac at all, but with his prematurity was swayed... We reported his vac reaction and he has had no shots since. We have not made the set in stone decision to never vaccinate him again, but at this point it looks like we won't be. top

  • Blogger Cyclone says so:
    10:15 PM  

    OMG! Xavier has Pumas now!? Awesome! top