<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

The Thinker

I was honored to discover that Heidi from Butterfly Mama and Jaymi from FlipFlop Momma both gave me the Thinking Blogger award and so I'm paying forward with some Thinking Blogger awards of my own:
  1. Carol Jean Phillips - She's new to this blogging thing, but if you check out her first post you'll see what I mean. Carol is an AMAZING woman and I love her so!
  2. Cara @ MamaC-ta - We have so much in common I can't help but love her- Never afraid to lay it all out there, she sticks her hand in the hot topics with enough wit to keep you rolling. Her and Cricket are tons of fun to boot.
  3. Becca @ Girls Gone Child - We are very different parents, but she's always making me think. And her blog is hilarious!
  4. Beth @ Total Mom Haircut - Her posts are few now that she has a toddler and baby on the way, but Beth's posts are always beautiful whether she's addressing the "Beyotch who scoffed her at Target" or laying raw emotions on the line.
  5. Jamie @ All Things Avery - Always one of the first blogs I run to in the morning- Our little one's are so close in age I've always felt quite a connection with Jamie, and her posts are good at bringing on those joyful tears.

Labels:

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Anonymous Peanut Butter and Jelly Boats says so:
    9:55 AM  

    Congratulations on the nomination!! top

  • Blogger Jamie says so:
    10:33 AM  

    How sweet are you? You made my day!

    Never would have expected to get one of those! Thank you so much, Ashlee.

    And congrats on yours, you most definitely deserve one! top

  • Blogger JoynerFam says so:
    11:31 AM  

    Congratulations!!!!!!!! Sorry I havent been around lately things have been crazy, call me when you have time. When I call your never around. top

  • Anonymous Beth says so:
    1:38 PM  

    You are completely deserving. You always bring up such important issues and are so motivating when it comes to just making our world a better place, through both your parenting and your activism.

    And thank you! I've been feeling that blog guilt lately so having you think of me feels really good. It's almost like I have to remind myself that I enjoy blogging because I forget in the meantime.

    Anyway, what do I do? How do I nominate others and give them the button and stuff? top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    4:56 PM  

    Me? MOI??? You are too sweet! I must say, you do feel like a long lost twin. I guess that would make me the evil twin though.

    You do deserve the award, you've opened my eyes to many things! top