<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Get Real...

Alright, I'm cheating and re-posting this photo... Me in all my glory! Steph is having a contest/photo tag, daring us all to reveal ourselves sans make-up. I'll have to admit, this isn't such a tough one for me... I hardly ever wear make-up. Not that I don't need to, I guess it's just the left-over tom boy in me. I don't like to take the time (lazy), and will admit that, well, I just don't get it (missed that lesson!). Head on over and show us how beautiful you are underneath it all.

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Lu says so:
    5:20 AM  

    Great pic! I wish I was more like you.....I am so paranoid about not wearing make up! :) top

  • Blogger Drea says so:
    7:00 AM  

    u cannot even tell u dont have make up on, u look great! top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    7:08 AM  

    Ok, your skin is SO glowing and smooth!!!! :) top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    8:02 AM  

    You don't need makeup, so it works for you, for sure!! Thank you for playing... and look at that adorable little guy underneath this post... what a cutie!!!

    Steph top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    8:05 AM  

    Wow are you serious? I wouldn't wear makeup either if I looked like that. Honestly I hardly ever wear it too b/c of the laziness/time factor but I don't feel comfortable. I think if I didn't look so tired it wouldn't bother me as much. I don't necessarily wear makeup to look "naturally pretty" but more for a funkiness factor - red eyeshadow, green eyeliner and fortunately no longer the black lip liner ;) With that said, mascara does make me feel 100 times better!

    You look beautiful!!! top

  • Blogger Heaven Sent says so:
    8:28 AM  

    You are beautiful! I don't think I'm entering now... you are SURE to win!!!! top

  • Blogger Shash says so:
    8:33 AM  

    I love the hair! It's a great picture. top

  • Blogger Monkey Giggles says so:
    9:11 AM  

    That's okay you can cheat. I love this picture. You look so happy. top

  • Blogger Jennifer Sprague, All Natural Mommies says so:
    9:16 AM  

    OHH you are soo pretty! You sooo dont need make-up!!! top

  • Blogger Stephanie says so:
    9:26 AM  

    You have gorgeous skin. I love this photo, never would have known there was no makeup - none to miss! top

  • Blogger Elizabeth F. says so:
    11:56 AM  

    Beautiful mama! (Oh, BTW I loved your Green Day post.) I just moved here last year, but I found out that we live like 20 mins away from the state's only Organic Strawberry Patch!! We are soo going. It's already Strawberry season here!! Weird, cause in IN it was in June. LOL! Anyway, you look smashing, darling. top

  • Blogger Angelika says so:
    12:31 PM  

    I love that pic! You look mischievous. :-)

    None of us NEED makeup. It's only good for the ego boost, LOL. top

  • Anonymous Beth says so:
    12:55 PM  

    Gorgeous. Oh, jealousy. See, for me it will actually take guts to do this:)

    Do I remember that you once wrote a really informative post on cloth diapering? Can you direct me to it? I'm overwhelmed. top

  • Anonymous oh amanda says so:
    1:02 PM  

    I thought you did have make up on! You've got great skin! top

  • Blogger LoveMyStarr says so:
    1:32 PM  

    Great complexion. I can't believe you're not wearing make-up either! top

  • Blogger MorningSong says so:
    2:12 PM  

    Great skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! top

  • Blogger Life With All Boys says so:
    5:09 PM  

    SERIOUSLY!!! That's not fair. You look GREAT! No wonder you hardly wear makeup. top

  • Blogger Fidget says so:
    5:38 PM  

    I'm excited to stumble across so many non make up wearers. My in real life acquaintances think i'm NUTS to avoid it. I think you look awesome top

  • Anonymous Amy says so:
    10:02 PM  

    What a great pic! And I feel the exact same way about my makeup. My sister and I are exact opposites that way! It's that tomboy in me too! top

  • Blogger busybusymomma says so:
    12:03 PM  

    You have a great complexion!

    I have days where I'm too lazy to mess with make-up. This week I've put on my makeup twice and that's it. LOL top

  • Blogger KC says so:
    11:08 PM  

    WOW just lovely.. I'm so impressed with how many people can go without make up and look so good.
    Love the pix. I got mine up tonight. top

  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    11:06 AM  

    Oh people like you with all your natural beauty make me sick!!!! I look like death warmed over without makeup! That's why my pic is in b&w! lol top

  • Blogger jenn says so:
    1:54 PM  

    so pretty - i absolutely love your hair! and your smile is catching - i caught myself smiling back at ya! top

  • Blogger AnnaLiza says so:
    8:37 PM  

    G O R G E O U S ! as our creator intended. love it!

    i love how a lot of us like it better without that junk caked on our face! top