<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Things I've learned this week...

70 degrees on Tuesday, snow on Thursday is not out of the question in Chicago-land.

Trust those mommy instincts when it gets a little too quiet. In the 5 minutes you have your back turned at the sink, a 15 month old can pick up that brand new bottle of laundry detergent, unscrew the lid, dump the entire thing on the laundry room floor and do a little splashing.

When you remove the pee guard on a potty seat expect to get peed on.

It is possible for hermit crabs to literally drop dead. RIP Crabby and Slow-Mo.

I really like my husband.

I never understood why people found it amusing when kids put their hands above their heads and say "So big" Until Xavier started doing it. It's the cutest thing in the world.

Watching my two favorite boys splash together in the bathtub is one of the finest things in life.

Labels:

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Anonymous Peanut Butter and Jelly Boats says so:
    7:55 AM  

    Three words on the spilled laundry detergent- Hoover Floor Mate! It's like a vacuum for liquids and it's a mop too. Love it! I agree with you on all accounts. Except the hermit crabs- I've never had a pet so I wouldn't know. Sorry about your loss. top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    8:00 AM  

    How *do* they get those caps off? Our bathroom hallway carpeting got washed with California Baby bubble bath once. I don't know how he was able to open it and dump it so quickly! It still smells good when you walk through there, tho!

    Steph top

  • Blogger Staci says so:
    8:37 AM  

    :D

    Have nice weekend with those boys of yours! top

  • Blogger Happi says so:
    8:58 AM  

    Those are some great things to have learned this week. Very well stated. : ) Have a wonderful weekend. top

  • Blogger Robin says so:
    10:01 AM  

    I LOVE the "So Big"!!! And my boys have had hermit crabs. Great pets. You don't have to DO anything. But yeah, ours dropped dead too. We had a beta fish for a year and a half. That was also a great 2.50 spent!!!

    Everyone is talking about these gdiapers and I'm totally interested. Are you still liking them? I'm not sure what size to get Carter. What does X wear? top

  • Blogger Tracey says so:
    1:05 PM  

    :) Sounds like a busy week! top

  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    2:19 PM  

    You had a hermit crab named SlowMo? LOL I think I'm gonna start calling my SlowMo "Hermit" from now on!! LOL.

    Things I've learned:
    It only takes 20 seconds for a 15 month old to grab the gDiaper's swish stick and start playing with it. EWww, at least she didn't put it in her mouth!

    I can live in a one bedroom, very small house with my family for almost 5 months and not kill them. LOL

    Kushies flushable liners DO NOT work in place of gDiaper liners!

    Babies can pick up sign a heck of a lot fast than words. top

  • Blogger JoynerFam says so:
    6:14 PM  

    Thats so awesome about you and your hubby, me and michael need to do that. As for the detergent it's funny because before I read your post arthur dumped baby oil all over him and his clothes. At least he was in his playpen so he didnt make to much of a mess. At least he smells good. As for the hermit crab I had one along time ago named stinky joe and he ran away.
    I tried calling you today but your werent around feel free to call my cell tonight after x is asleep ill be up waiting for michael. top

  • Blogger Amber says so:
    6:42 PM  

    Our rendition is "Biiiiiig Boy/Girl." Makes me smile just thinking of it. ;-)

    And your weather sounds like Colorado weather! top

  • Anonymous O Mama Mia says so:
    7:49 PM  

    HAHAHAHAH!!!
    I fear silence. Period. top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    10:17 AM  

    Oh, that pee-guard is a Godsent!!! :) top

  • Anonymous Mama c-ta says so:
    11:38 AM  

    We had that exact same weather, crazy! And annoying, I was really needing that sunshine!

    I also learned the lesson of silence, I'll have to get a photo up. top