<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Mama's Milk Approved

After all those weeks attached to a hospital grade breast pump, I swore I'd never pump again. (Unless of course my babe needed me to) And then I heard about the International Breast Milk Project and felt like I had to do something.

I got word today that I have officially been approved as a donor! My milk donations will be going to babies orphaned by AIDS in Africa and preemies at a local NICU. If you're a breastfeeding mama I urge you to look into sharing the goods!

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger busybusymomma says so:
    7:07 AM  

    That's great- I'm sure those babies will be greatly blessed by you. :o) I have a friend who pumps extra for the milk bank in Indy- and I was tickled pink to see not one, but two breastfeeding related billboards when I was in Indy yesterday! top

  • Anonymous Keri says so:
    11:58 AM  

    Congrats! I would love to do something like that but sadly, I only make enough breastmilk for my son and sometimes it's not even enough for him! :( If I had an abundance supply of milk, of course I would sign up for this awesome project! top

  • Blogger kimmy says so:
    1:41 PM  

    that is totally awesome... i dont' know how much milk i will be making after i have the baby but keep in touch...

    kim top

  • Blogger Brandie says so:
    2:03 PM  

    Fabulous ... with my second daughter I donated a bunch of milk to banks in the US. It really is a good feeling!
    I'm here for the party ... I have a son born 12/11/05 and we are in the chicagoland area as well! =) top

  • Anonymous O Mama Mia says so:
    3:21 PM  

    Oh this is soooo awesome! When Starlet was nursing, I wanted so desperately to be able to donate my milk. This is great to know! top

  • Anonymous Peanut Butter and Jelly Boats says so:
    7:35 PM  

    Sounds cool! top

  • Blogger Heaven Sent says so:
    8:48 PM  

    Wow, now that is amazing. You are such a beautiful, giving soul. Maybe it's me, but I don't know many people that would be so selfless (except for maybe a few in the blogging world). You go, Mama! top

  • Blogger Shelly says so:
    2:07 PM  

    Congrats, that is amazing! top

  • Blogger Staci says so:
    8:49 AM  

    I have looked into this a little bit before. I decided against doing it locally because of how much they charge the families of the babies who recieve the milk. I donate it...and then they charge these parents an arm and 2 legs for MY milk.
    Please direct me to where I can donate to the AIDS orphans of Africa. That sounds like something I would be interested in!!! top

  • Blogger Staci says so:
    9:35 AM  

    I re-read my first comment and realized how negative it came across. That is NOT what I meant at all..
    What I didn't say is that what you are doing is amazing...how can I help?

    :)

    Staci top

  • Blogger tanya@motherwearblog says so:
    3:21 PM  

    Hooray! I love that project. top