<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

A Tattoo-ed Me(me)

So.... I normally don't show off my tattoo's, especially those that are normally covered by clothing. But... Mamamilkers started a tattoo meme and I excitedly said I'd participate, sooo here in all my glory are (really awful) photo's of me tattoos (hey, it's really hard to photograph your own body parts!) and some explanations...

The "shooting star" was my first tattoo. Age 16. Hey, at least I didn't get barbed wire. I'll have to say after surviving two laparoscopic surgeries and pregnancy it's not so bad.

The kanji was tattoo three and four. Age 19. The story a bit more personal- I'll spare the details but it involved one of said emergency laparoscopic surgery's and the confusion that followed.

I, ahem, "lovingly" refer to this one as the demon. Tattoo numero two. Age 17. (yes, that's why you're supposed to wait until you're 18!) It's huge. On my back between my shoulder blades. I really wanted a fairy. So I went to a "friend" who was apprenticing and he came up with this. All punk rock at the time I figured what the heck. Turns out he didn't even come up with it himself, but hey what can you do... I really want a tree back piece (my entire back), so as soon as I can find a soul brave enough to attempt covering this up or afford laser removal this beast is G-O-N-E.


Last but not least is (most of) my half sleeve... I love this one. Tattoo number five. Age 22.

And hubby should be getting started on my 'Our Lady of La Leche' sleeve sometime soon!

Labels: ,

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    11:09 PM  

    I totally want a sleeve!! Too bad I could never afford it, or go to church without worrying about people!! I have 3 tats. Maybe I'll post pics sometime, but mine are no way as cool as yours!

    Man, you have a half sleeve?? I'm sooo jealous! top

  • Anonymous O Mama Mia says so:
    8:08 AM  

    WOW! Your "sleeve" one is seriously fabulous! So much intricate detail.
    So you know that now you have to follow up with the story about your surgeries, right? ;) top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    8:31 AM  

    That lady of La Leche is too cool... top

  • Blogger isunshine says so:
    9:04 AM  

    Love your tattoos! I just love tattoos in general. They all tell a story. I'll admit that I like your "demon", but a big tree would be sooo cool. Your half-sleeve is beautiful. I have got to get a new tattoo soon. All this talk...

    ps- I got Positive Discipline from the library and began reading last night! I think I'm really going to like it!! Thanks! top

  • Blogger QueenieBadd says so:
    4:00 PM  

    Those are some beautiful tattoos. For getting them young, you did really well! The half sleeve is gorgeous. top

  • Anonymous Peanut Butter and Jelly Boats says so:
    4:18 PM  

    Wow! I had no idea you had tatoos! Huh, you learn something new everyday! By the way, bravo on getting your belly looking so good after having a baby! top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    10:45 PM  

    Shoot, I told her I was going to do this too. And I am! I just need hubby to take pics and I'm so hesitant on showing off my garbage. top

  • Blogger mamamilkers says so:
    5:49 PM  

    Mama C-Ta, I'm watching you!

    LOL

    Very cool, thank you so much for posting these pictures! I love your tattoos! top

  • Blogger Cyclone says so:
    10:52 AM  

    You're getting a Lady of La Leche sleeve?! You're my hero! ;) top