<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Alternative Use for Nursing Pads #89

Tissues. Who would have known? We've all been plagued by the winter funk here in the Allen household. Sore throats, sinus headaches and runny noses abound. It's miserable. Xavier is usually pretty tolerant of getting his little nose wiped (I swore off the bulb syringe months ago)- that is when the wiping occurs a couple of times a day at most. Unfortunately these noses of ours are faucets that require some sort of attention every two minutes or so. And short of catheterizing Xav's nose or attaching a funnel to his head I've had to get creative.

There has been diversion and dancing, beeping nose blots, upside-down snot grabs, wet one's, dry one's, tissues, washcloths - you name it! All tolerated a time or two before it's back to the drawing board. This morning I stumbled upon the holy grail (don't ask how!)... nursing pads. They're soft, absorbent and thus far an entire morning of nose wiping has elicited giggles rather than tears. I'll have to admit even I think a pink and white nursing pad flying at my face would be pretty funny. Definitely more expensive than your average tissue, but worth every penny.

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Robin says so:
    1:21 PM  

    Oh that is SOO funny. We are doing the wipe the nose thing too. Carter has had a runny nose for a couple weeks now. I hate that "booger sucker" too! top

  • Blogger Flipflop Mamma says so:
    2:18 PM  

    Haha! too funny! We mothers can come up with some interesting things huh? Whatever works!! top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    5:48 PM  

    Oh wow! I think you are on to something... and that I can use in our house right now, too! Hope noses EVERYWHERE stop running ASAP! top

  • Blogger Cyclone says so:
    7:42 PM  

    RYC: I was at my mom's tonight and she said "WELL, what did they think of the quilt!?" And I said "I think they really liked it!" She was the one (while making it) who said "This is UGLY!" I called her to relay the comment you left me and she was like "Who would have thought!" and I was like "Well, I obviously did!"

    My mom does a lot of quilting--she makes really cozy fleece pillows and fun ornaments and whatnot to sell to friends... I told her "You need to do edgier baby quilts! No more of this rubber duckie stuff!" and she said "But who will buy them!!?" I just said "Um, boutiques? I don't know!" She ENJOYS quilting but doesn't really know how to market herself. This is the world's longest and most uninteresting note ever. top

  • Blogger Cyclone says so:
    7:46 PM  

    p.s. I'd love for you to send a pic of the quilt, I didn't get a chance to take one before I gave it to you guys!! top

  • Blogger Christie says so:
    8:52 PM  

    HA! i love it! i have a couple boxes left over, now i'll have a use for them! top

  • Anonymous Peanut Butter and Jelly Boats says so:
    3:09 PM  

    Totally cute! I never would have thought of that! But I might use it now!!! top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    4:28 PM  

    Interesting!!! We are over our colds, thank God. Until the next one..... top

  • Blogger Randi says so:
    1:44 PM  

    Great tip, but bummer....I don't have any left:0 Oh well, I'll now know for the next time;) top