<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

The Run Down

Wow, it's been a while. I can't remember the last time I've neglected my blog so much...and all of your's too! We've been - I've been, B-U-S-Y. So here's the run down... The weekend before last Xavier and I went away for my Itsy Bitsy Yoga Facilitator training (a mouthful I know). It was amazing, the getting away and the training itself. No dishes or "have-to's" for 3 whole days, swimming pool, like-minded people, and an endless supply of cucumbers. I learned a ton and can't wait to start teaching.

Wednesday was my birthday and as I mentioned before my darling husband got me a ticket to see Morrissey. Ah, heaven. I wasn't about to let X miss out so we bought him some head phones a 'la Apple Martin and off we went to his first show ever. It was an amazing night... I loved it, Xav loved and everyone loved him. Seriously, the kid had paparazzi. I lost count of how many people with press badges and camera phones asked to take his picture. And while I didn't get close enough to touch Moz, or get his sweat on me (sorry Beth!) I finally got to see him... (and yes, I too preferred The Smiths)

We wound down the week with Xavier's first Thanksgiving (and tofurky tasting) and the first annual putting up of the Christmas tree in the new house and with babe (made all the better when accompanied by the soundtrack of Sufjan Stevens - thanks Steph!). The look on his face when we turned the lights on for the first time was priceless! ...In my spare time (ha!) I've been preparing myself for the big first birthday, Christmas and trying with all my might to get Project X up and running. Wow, so that's where I've been...where I'm going- who knows.

Labels:

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    11:13 PM  

    Oh, I've missed this. Love the pics! Xav's just too cute- of course he had paparazzi! top

  • Blogger Rachel says so:
    6:18 AM  

    Happy belated birthday!!!! top

  • Blogger Robin says so:
    9:10 AM  

    You have been missed. And so has Xavier's cute little face. Nov. and Dec. are crazy busy around here too. Me and Xavier almost share a birthday...mine is the day before. Love the cucumber picture! top

  • Blogger mamamilkers says so:
    12:31 PM  

    That yoga class sounds so awesome! So did the Morrisey show. What a little rock star! top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    6:41 AM  

    Morrissey -- haven't heard that name in a long time!!! I was such a Smiths fan it's not funny.

    We are busy here too (lack of commenting again). After this crazy holiday season, maybe that will change. top

  • Blogger Staci says so:
    8:14 AM  

    That baby is just TOO cute!!! top

  • Blogger beth says so:
    12:37 PM  

    Did you put Xav in little black rimmed glasses and swoop his hair up?

    Glad the concert was great. Did you go into Chicago to see him? top