<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Revisiting a New Mama Moment

You know how when you start taking a new vitamin your, uh-hem, pee can look a little fluorescent? I just popped my daily prenatal vitamin and remembered a funny little story...

Shortly after Xavier was born I went to our natural store to get a new bottle of vitamins. They were out of my normal brand, so I decided to try something different rather than do without. I "carefully" read the directions and took 1 tablet 3 times a day with each meal. After a few days I grew concerned as I noticed the milk I was pumping for X looked like it was glowing! I re-examined my vitamin bottle and discovered that thanks to my new mama/nicu brain I had it all wrong - I was only supposed to take 1 tablet a day... just 1! For almost a week I'd been taking almost 3 times that! Thankfully, X wasn't eating yet so my milk was discarded (just in case) and I've lived to laugh about it!

Anybody else have any silly new mama moments they'd like to share?

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    4:21 AM  

    Oh funny! I can relate to that! Not the pumping part, but the other one! Flourescent is a good word for it! I am sure I have a good story that I can't think of right now... will get back to you on that one! top

  • Blogger Heidi says so:
    2:35 PM  

    I too, can remember feeling "brain cell challenged" I don't remember anything specific at the moment...could be part of the whole problem! LOL top

  • Anonymous Surfingmama says so:
    9:01 PM  

    Hi there!

    We would like to invite you to showcase your blog articles to millions of internet-surfing mums through the Surfingmama Blog Carnival. Surfingmama focuses only on stuff that matters. For mums. Submit to us articles that mums need to make informed choices. Topics include childcare, preschool, child-education, child-safety, pregnancy, child-health, special-needs, breastfeeding, mothers-health, childbirth, getting-pregnant, and even humor!

    In fact, we just concluded our premier carnival for mums where we picked out 11 fabulous articles. Check it out at: http://surfingmama.com/2006/09/25/first-surfingmama-carnival-for-mums/.

    Submit now! The 2nd edition is scheduled on Oct 9, 2006 at:

    http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_506.html top

  • Blogger Cyclone says so:
    9:58 PM  

    Adam always says after taking his vitamins that it's "just like Mt. Dew!!" And I have to remind him he should be drinking enough water so that it's perfectly clear :) But it is weird how vitamins do that to your body. And odd--never thought about breastmilk "glowing"! top

  • Anonymous Anonymous says so:
    12:09 AM  

    That is funny. My only mildly amusing milk story was when I was taking fenugreek and my husband loved that I smelled like maple syrup. I have to many mommy brain stories to tell right now. top

  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    11:44 PM  

    LOL!! That's great! You should have took a pic of your flourescent breast milk....kinda creepy!!

    I can't think of any crazy new mommy moments, but I'm sure there's been tons of them....you know, with sleep deprivation, you tend to forget! top