<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Looking back

It's weird looking back at where you've been - who you were. This girl and I are worlds away... I miss her sometimes... Pieces of her at least. There are parts I am grateful have been remolded or left behind. And my goodness to think then, what I thought I'd be doing now!

If isn't too vain to say, mostly I'm proud, in spite of it all, of who she is today:
Woman, Wife, Mother, Daughter, Friend

Here's me on my 16th birthday-

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Cyclone says so:
    8:10 PM  

    Your hair was really cute and fun here. :) Not that I don't think your hair is cute and fun now, but you know what I mean. Did you have your lip pierced? (Right when I typed that I bit my lip as I was chewing my dinner. Just thought I would share.) top

  • Blogger New Mama's Nest says so:
    9:54 PM  

    Yes, my lip/labret pierced... amongst other things :) ... Thanks! I kind of miss having crazy hair! top

  • Blogger Tracey says so:
    10:13 PM  

    Love the hair! top

  • Blogger Heidi says so:
    10:45 PM  

    It is fun to look back, sometimes I cringe when I think about it and sometimes I smile...cute pic! top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    7:56 AM  

    Is today your birthday? I have been meaning to ask you when your b-day was...

    You look like you would have been one of my friends back then, too. I have changed in so many ways over the years, and have to say I am most relieved to be confident with who I am today. top

  • Anonymous antoinette95 says so:
    9:11 AM  

    Awesome picture! I saw the picture first and thought you'd just cut and colored your hair recently. Glad you have been out enjoying the fall weather. Hugs to your guys from us. top

  • Anonymous antoinette95 says so:
    9:11 AM  

    Awesome picture! I saw the picture first and thought you'd just cut and colored your hair recently. Glad you have been out enjoying the fall weather. Hugs to you and your guys from us. top

  • Blogger Robin says so:
    9:40 AM  

    We all change. It's good to go back and remember where we came from. Without those years we wouldn't be who we are today.

    And I think you could still pull off the pink hair!!! top

  • Blogger beth says so:
    12:04 PM  

    It really is amazing to see where we were so long ago (by that I do not mean you are old - it just feels so long ago to me...). Judging by that picture I'm pretty sure we would have been good friends. top

  • Blogger Lostcheerio says so:
    3:54 PM  

    Awwww, look at you all crunched up and orange-headed, with your sleeves pulled down. Cute as a button. top