<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

It's Snowing!

October 12 and it's snowing outside! What happened to Fall?! Our winter coats still need to be dry cleaned from last year and more importantly my camera battery isn't charged. I'm not ready for winter - the getting dark at 4 o'clock, bundling up, shoveling walks and runny noses! At least I didn't think so...

the look on my angel's face as he saw his first snow flake quickly changed my mind... snowballs...hot cocoa...Christmas lights - bring it on Winter!

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    12:47 PM  

    Yes- love it! There's frost on the pumpkins here too!! top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    1:27 PM  

    Snowing? Seriously? That's insane, I don't remember having snow in Chicago in October! Lucky. top

  • Blogger Jamie says so:
    2:13 PM  

    That is too funny, it is sunny and 70 here! Avery and I just got back from the park wearing t-shirts and flip-flops. What happened to Fall, indeed...

    Oh and X looks SO cute in his snow gear!! top

  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    4:48 PM  

    Wow...4 hours really makes a difference!! It's 43 degrees here, but not snowing.

    Hey, I haven't gotten the sling yet, I'm a little concerned since I'm moving Sunday. I hope it gets here tomorrow or Saturday?! Do you have a tracking # or anything???

    I can't find your email! Did we email?? Or have we just been talking through blogs????? top

  • Blogger Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) says so:
    8:51 PM  

    That's funny... we're having a strangely warm October.

    I'm still not quite ready for fall... top

  • Anonymous Anonymous says so:
    10:48 PM  

    Man I am a bit envious of you right now. Winter in California is just not really very wintery. top

  • Blogger Robin says so:
    11:50 PM  

    Nope - I'm not convinced. We went right from summer to winter. I hate the cold. I swear my whole body just freezes and I can't move. top

  • Blogger Heidi says so:
    1:31 AM  

    Crazy...snow already! Xav seems to be enjoying it!! top

  • Anonymous Anonymous says so:
    7:00 AM  

    Ok -- my frequent visitors and friends know how much I detest winter. Yesterday I wore capris to protest (with a sweater on top too). HA! top

  • Blogger beth says so:
    12:50 PM  

    Shut up! Oh yeah, I used to live in Chicago too...I guess I'm not that surprised by it. top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    8:35 PM  

    I dedicate today's Foto Friday to you :) top

  • Blogger Cyclone says so:
    11:04 PM  

    Am I just seeing things or is that pumpkin Xav is next to really huge? top

  • Blogger New Mama's Nest says so:
    11:21 PM  

    That is a HUGE pumpkin - just shy of 30 pounds if I remember correctly (and it only cost $12)! top