<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

On the Mend

I think we're finally on the upswing of this funky cold-flu hybrid we've been battling. We spent the first part of the week worried about Xavier's little underdeveloped lungs and the possibility of him developing pneumonia. Thankfully x-ray's showed he's just all kinds of congested. As hard as it has been to see my little guy sick, I am once again amazed by his spirit. I've felt awful, and little X has had it much worse than me, but has remained endlessly happy and playful despite choking coughs, fever and raw drippy nose. Even our doc said if he didn't know better he would have thought Xav was there for a well check!

To a degree I've kind of enjoyed this illness. I gave myself permission to rest and spent even more time than usual snuggling my baby love. We indulged in multiple baths a day (spiked with yummy California Baby Colds & Flu bubble bath) and plenty of naps. Spent sleepy time simply staring at one another, holding hands and touching one another's face. My wonderful hubby pitched in to help out with dinner and shoppping and chores so we could just be. I will not deny that after a week cooped up in the house I'm ready to break free and feel normal again, but I've enjoyed the slow and the still.

And, oh how I've missed you blogger! Thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts - I promise to catch up with everyone's blogs soon!

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    12:01 AM  

    Yay so glad to hear you are all on the mend. Ah, may life resume as normal again for us all! top

  • Blogger Robin says so:
    9:07 AM  

    I'm happy to hear you are starting to feel better. And you make having a sick baby sound almost wonderful! top

  • Anonymous Anonymous says so:
    9:50 AM  

    I was thinking of you this week. Like you, Matt started a cold Wednesday with a nasty cough and one night with a 100 fever. Well, it took a couple days and then Mark came down with it with a horrible croup attack late Friday night (nice). :( We are doing well and I am looking forward to healthier days. top

  • Blogger beth says so:
    9:37 PM  

    There is something sort of nice about being sick together - gives you the ability to slow down and stare. Sam has a cold now and tonight I really enjoyed him falling asleep in my lap while I rubbed his head. Don't need to be anywhere but there.

    And it really is amazing how they can keep their spirits up when it feels so awful.

    That said, I'm glad you guys are getting better. It's only nice for a little while. top