<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Apple Orchard

Nothing says fall like a trip to the apple orchard. Xavier and I headed out early this morning with a couple of our neighbors and their little ones - Shondra and Beau, Laura and Grace - to explore. It was a blast! We went for a tractor ride around the orchard, visited animals in the petting zoo, had a wonderful lunch and crawled around in the pumpkin patch. And then we visited the store.... which is slightly dangerous! We made our way home with a peck of apples, cider, apple doughnuts and a couple of gigantic pumpkins. Needless to say, I'm in heaven - did I mention I kind of like fall?

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Amber says so:
    6:02 PM  

    I am sooooo loving this picture; it gets me way excited for all the fun festivals we have coming up next month! top

  • Blogger Cyclone says so:
    7:38 PM  

    I need to make it out to County Line Orchard before we go on vacation; I have to take a few dozen of their apple doughnuts with us for friends and family. I LOVE that orchard, and it's so close to my house! (I'm salivating thinking about those doughnuts.) top

  • Anonymous antoinette95 says so:
    9:32 PM  

    Glad you are both feeling better and enjoying the beautiful fall weather! We are a little jealous, but only a little b/c we're getting a mini-fall in Austin for the first time in years. Wish you were here (or we were there)! Hugs to all! top

  • Anonymous adwina - insparenting.com says so:
    2:23 AM  

    Hi, Ashlee... I read about what happened to Xav... I'm sorry about it... But I'm glad now that he recovered.

    I'm so happy too that you had a wonderful time. Xav is so adorable and looks so happy in the picture!

    By the way, I link you up in my blog post, dear... It's about Xav's 9-month-old development. Hope you don't mind :).

    Love,
    Adwina top

  • Blogger Staci says so:
    6:41 PM  

    My 3 year old Adrian was enjoying your blog with me and he said "Ooooh! The apple orchard! That baby (Xavier) knocked over all the punkins" top