<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Ahhh, Friday!


Xavier and I spent a beautiful fall Friday enjoying the Lincoln Park Zoo with Stephanie, Noah, Carter and Gray. There is nothing better... fall, friends, family, free zoo, furry animals (sorry, I'll stop with the alliteration) ... we had an utterly PERFECT day!

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Heidi says so:
    10:06 PM  

    Oh, you guys look so sweet! Sounds like a blast - it's great to have such good friends! top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    10:13 PM  

    P.S. Here's a good lesson in sling wearing: Ashlee is wearing hers correctly with the rings high- I am wearing mine improperly- the rings are too low-!!

    We had a fabulous time- such a perfect day!! top

  • Blogger beth says so:
    4:29 PM  

    Oh, I miss that zoo. Glad you guys had such a great time. top

  • Blogger Cyclone says so:
    9:34 AM  

    I just saw your comment on my latest blog post (I'm never online anymore, which is WEIRD for me). I normally shop at the Salvation Army on 30 in Merrillville. They have a TON of stuff there, but not always the greatest and their prices are SO skewed!! If it has sequins or a bead on it it's automatically priced above $10. I like a thrift store with a lot of books and that one doesn't have many. If you know of any good thrift stores in the area, share!! B and I love to go digging for stuff all the time. I have a whole collection of vintage clothes. :) And now I've left you a novel. top

  • Blogger Tracey says so:
    9:45 AM  

    I love Lincoln Park Zoo! And it was beautiful out. Good choice, ladies! top

  • Anonymous Anonymous says so:
    7:06 PM  

    I heard all about your perfect day. :) Very nice!!!

    It was so nice to finally meet you. X is a cutie -- that smile!!! top

  • Anonymous Bea says so:
    7:08 PM  

    I love the zoo. i was sad about the animals that died there, especially the elephants. just seeing how you are doing and when we were going to hang out. our husbands dont have to be with us you know. its up to you. also i wanted to ask you if you have heard of bronchiolitis which is most commenly caused by RSV? i was just asking because we are learning about it in class and preterm infants < 35 mos. are an at risk population and the season is from oct-march/april. love you, Bea. top

  • Anonymous Mama C-ta says so:
    12:00 PM  

    Hot Mamas!

    And Adventures in Babywearing, I always wore my ring slings wrong too. As long as he stayed in and it wasn't killing me, that was good enough for me ;) I can't do slings anymore, all about the Mei Tais! top

  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    11:42 PM  

    When I first looked at that pic I thought "wait a minute, that's Stephanie!!" then I actually read, and it was!!! LOL. I just can't get used to my sling, It hurts my shoulder, no matter how high I have the ring! So, I've been using my commercial Snuggly, boohoo. Do you think I need a padded one? top