<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Xavier's "first" photo

So first off, I am generally opposed to posed photo's taken at mall stores (yes, majoring in photography made me a bit of a photo snob) Pictures of little kids propped up, looking STRAIGHT ahead with fake clouds or chimneys behind them kind of freak me out - but while at our mall on Saturday picking up a few things for hubby's birthday I decided to stop in The Picture People to see what they could do.

We haven't yet had a "professional" picture taken of Xavier - except for that Easter fiasco which I'll save for another therapy session... and we don't have many pictures of the two of us together... and a photo of us would make a great gift for David, so I figured what the heck. They got us right in with no hassel and the women there were amazing! They only took 6 shots and they all turned out perfectly. (I'm sure it helped that as soon as Xav saw the camera he started hamming it up!) Plus they didn't pressure me or even suggest that I buy a gazillion photos.

I think they kind of won me over :) What do you think?

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger FFF says so:
    3:56 PM  

    What a sweetie! top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    4:40 PM  

    Oh, I am glad you liked the pics- this one is a for-sure winner!! Did you get any with you in them, too?

    I am super-picky about photos. We do have the Picture People membership for when I need photos in a hurry, and usually go to Barry's downtown once or twice a year, or just take the pics ourselves. I have stories I DO NOT enjoy telling about our past horrid photo sessions at the mall! top

  • Blogger Momma PiƱata says so:
    6:11 PM  

    Gorgeous shot, and not at all "pose-y" top

  • Blogger Heidi says so:
    10:43 PM  

    How adorable!!! I'm glad that you had a good experience. top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    8:20 AM  

    BEAUTIFUL!!! :) top

  • Blogger Jen says so:
    9:18 AM  

    I'm guessing he loves the camera??? What a ham butt! top

  • Blogger Amber says so:
    12:50 PM  

    OHMYGOSH. He is SOOOOOOOOOO darling!

    I jave the same opinion re: mall photos. I took my daughter for her 2-year pics and we didn't get even one good shot because she didn't want to smile.

    The next day, I had a photographer friend take a bunch of pictures of her in her natural environment at the playground and they turned out beautifully!! top

  • Blogger Jamie says so:
    9:33 PM  

    Cute pic! I got a coupon for Picture people today, maybe I should try them out! They sure did good with Xav! top

  • Blogger Mama Duck says so:
    10:05 PM  

    I haven't tried any of those places either. That is such a cute photo tho, it almost makes me want to try it with my little guy! top