<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Reasons I love being a Mom - #1: Mornings

I've decided to make a new weekly post, every Friday - Reasons I love being a Mom. There are of course the obvious reasons... but the simple things often get overlooked. And since this is my soft little place to share and reflect I figured there's no better place. So here will be my running list of the little joys. If you'd like to join in I'd love the company, just let me know and I'll be sure to link to you... here we go!


Mornings-
I should start by saying that I've NEVER been a morning person, a night owl by nature. And in pre-baby life waking up (to that dreadful alarm) usually meant a cup of coffee, shower and off to my job or course work. Oh, how life has changed...

Daily I am roused by the sweetest coo's. As awareness strengthens I feel a tiny body in the fold of my arm - a chubby little hand tickling my chin or cheek (sometimes my forehead) the other arm streched out behind his body resting backwards on Daddy's arm. Little legs kick off my stomach and legs overcome with excitement. As my eyes open I am immediately rewarded with the sweetest gummy smile. I reel him in for a great big hug, then back down so we can look at one another. This is where we stare and time stops... surveying each other's faces... my tired eyes- his refreshed and full of life... smiling back and forth, giggling here and there. Eventually I ask how his rest was and get a full report of sighs and shrieks. We snuggle and "talk" some more. Eventually Daddy's eyes are open too and my little man smiles with delight... a "look what I did"smirk forming across his lips. David and I share our good morning, sometimes a family hug is well in order. We lay there the three of us; and stare at each other, the ceiling, the sun streaming in through the windows... we talk and laugh, listen and play. If only this moment could last forever but the day beckons and eventually our feet must hit the floor and we get moving. I couldn't ask for a more amazing start.

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    11:12 PM  

    Oh goodness that was too sweet. And look at that picture- have you ever seen anything cuter? Seriously! top

  • Blogger Amber says so:
    5:24 PM  

    What a great idea...I once did a daily gratitude journal and it was amazing how many little blessings I learned to find on a daily basis! top

  • Blogger Amber says so:
    5:24 PM  

    What a great idea...I once did a daily gratitude journal and it was amazing how many little blessings I learned to find on a daily basis! top

  • Blogger Heidi says so:
    10:43 PM  

    I like this idea, maybe I'll join you next week! I loved those mornings too...now that my son is almost 2 and has been weaned for a couple months now I really miss them. Thanks for helping me remember!!!! top

  • Blogger Glass Half Full says so:
    3:09 PM  

    I was forced into being a morning person after my first son was born. Then again, when I hear our bedroom door open and Matt comes in to say "good morning" and give me my usual hug, there is nothing better!

    And your photo is so cute -- what a smile!!! top

  • Blogger FFF says so:
    3:58 PM  

    Mornings are the best. My baby is in a great mood, and my husband sleeps in. It's a sweet quiet, mother son time to hug and start the day! top

  • Blogger Mama Duck says so:
    10:06 PM  

    Awwwww. It only gets sweeter too, we get baby kisses and "Hi, Mama!! Hi Dada!!" in the morning now as well as hugs and coos and such. What a great idea, I should join you in this, I'm already doing the tour of homes this Friday tho ;). You should make this into a meme and have everyone join in! top

  • Anonymous Mommy Niri says so:
    7:10 PM  

    well written. top