<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Not so merry maids...

I used to be a neat freak. Ok, so maybe not a neat freak, but I definitely find a clean house very soothing and enjoy everything having a place. I say used to, because since Xavier was born that's all gone out with the bathwater. I think it started with the fact that we were in the process of buying our first home when our little miracle decided to make his early entrance. We closed 8 days after he was born and moved in on Christmas Eve. We were living at the hospital so David took charge and with a team of family and friends they packed up our old house and moved everything over. The essentials were placed and boxes and bags left with the little stuff. My mom was kind enough to put my kitchen together for me and fill our linen closet. It was months before the boxes were gone. And I'm still searching for so many things.

I've yet to find the balance between mothering and household chores. There are things I can do with Xav, like dishes or vacuuming but since I'm not a "let your toys do the babysitting" kind of gal it's hard to find the time to do the dirty work. Xavier often naps in his sling and when I do put him down for a nap there is usually so much else to do - like eat! or make sure everyone has clean underwear. And while he's usually fast asleep snuggled in our bed by 9pm, I'm exhausted and would much rather catch up with my hubby (and my blog) than tackle cobwebs.

So, tired of feeling overwhelmed by my dirty floors I decided to call a maid service out to see how much it would cost to enlist some help around here. After a 15 minute walk through (in which my corners and baseboards were thoroughly insulted) she handed me a quote to get things started. And since I have resolved I'd rather feed my family than have a clean house.... me and my broom have some catching up to do.

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Jen says so:
    12:08 AM  

    Having 3 short people occupy my time, not to mention it's after midnight as I type this, I'd have to say it is very hard not trying to tackle everything making sure everything is neat and tidy... Just keep telling yourself like I have to quite often, "the kids won't remember how clean their house was rather how much fun they had growing up". I've now learned to settle for organized chaos.....

    Go cobwebs! top