<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

Such a Perfect Day

Great days are easier to come by than ever these past few months. But there is still the rare day that exceeds expectations, when we are all blissfully happy and content. Nothing extraordinary occured, no brilliant plan was executed, we simply had a great day. Playful morning, an afternoon of great conversation, and a snuggly evening with my boy- I couldn't ask for more.

And now Xavier's fast asleep, my hubby is out for the night, and Oliver has been banished doggie jail for suckling the baby's toy... there is a part of me pulling to attend to my overflowing laundry basket, sink full of dishes and inbox full of mail... but I'm starting to learn that I'll never look back when I'm older and think "I wish I had kept a cleaner house, or work just a little bit more". I can, however, see wishing I'd spent more time in the moment, with my family, and taken better care of myself.

So tonight I'm giving myself permission to take the night off- maybe I'll sneak in some yoga or a bath (sans baby) or read a book without pictures or maybe I'll just curl up and go sleep... Whatever it is, I'm off to do it! Goodnight!

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    4:35 PM  

    It's nice to have those quiet moments all to yourself. Just relaxing without the days hustle and bustle. Thanks for stopping by! top

  • Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! says so:
    4:40 PM  

    Oh my! I just headed over to your baby's website and he is sooooo cute!!! Those are amazing pics! top

  • Blogger Adventures In Babywearing says so:
    8:13 PM  

    What a great post- have you read the "babies don't keep" poem? I have it somewhere in my archives... the best! top

  • Blogger Jen says so:
    2:04 PM  

    Enjoying a quite moment is like butterflies in your stomach.... Kids are content and there's an even greater feeling knowing that life is good........ top