<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

My First Mother's Day!

Was amazing! I'm part of a new world and I love every facet of it. Every day is a gift, but today was spectacular - ok so I'm just a little bit spoiled! ... Xav let me sleep in (he nursed every hour from 5:30am on - normal wake up time - but wasn't ready to rise until 8:30!), we took a nice long bath, then my hubby brought me my favorite breakfast in bed along with cards and gifts galore! (and I discovered Xavier has great penmanship for a 5 month old :) )

Then we made it to church (on time I might add) and were able to visit with family and friends. Next we were off to Grandma/Grandpa Allen's house to hang out with them and David's Mommy... and along with all the love there my amazing little brother made me the best strawberry shortcake (my favorite) from scratch! Then back home and into our pj's for pizza, Survivor and a massage... and Louis (my little love from Austin) called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, sing me a song and hold the best conversation in all of his 3 year old goodness!

It was picture perfect except that I wasn't able to see my mom who was sick... do I really get one of these every year?! I almost felt human again!

I love being someone's Mommy, getting to see the world for the first time all over again through his eyes ... I've never been happier... ... it fits like nothing ever has.

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Lil_Sis says so:
    10:43 PM  

    Hey sis i just wanted to tell you happy mommas day for myself and not through my parental. I am glad to hear that you had an amazing and as you should because, you are an amazing wonderful woman and know that you make a good mommy. There is proof i mean look at the way your cute baby boy has been so healthy and happy. He sees a light i you, the same probably that you see inhim and that is a figt that should be cherished. Love you sis and hope to talk more. I really wish that i could come see you guys. top