<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24222047\x26blogName\x3dMama\x27s+Nest\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmamasnest.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7065122556056256813', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

About

Ashlee is Mama of one darling boy. A 28 week early bird, now 1 and some change, doing beautifully. She lives near Chicago with her sweetheart husband and French Bulldog. She's a thinker not afraid to get her silly on. Babywearer, veggie queen, photography nut. Before the domestic days Ashlee was pursuing a future in developmental psychology but has happily shifted gears in favor of staying at home and couldn't imagine doing anything else. In her free time (ha!) you can find her whipping up babyslings, holding down the fort at Mama Speaks and spotlighting as an Itsy Bitsy Yoga Instructor.

The Beginning

So I have officially been a mom for 93 days now and they have been the most purposeful, satisfying, joyous days of my life. Our feisty little angel, Xavier Michael Allen, made his way into this world 12 weeks early on December 14, 2005. Needless to say it has been quite a ride thus far. We've been through 44 days in the NICU (you can view the details of Xavier's days in the NICU here), nursing strikes, sleepless nights and all the joys that new motherhood brings.

I have desperately needed a space of my own to gather my thoughts, revel in the joys, and dispel the tears this new world brings- so here it will be. I plan to chart our course, pour my heart out and write a bit about the tricks of the trade. Feel free to come along for the ride, comment at will and enjoy!

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Anonymous Momma says so:
    12:41 PM  

    You're amazing, my daughter!
    (in law , but you've captured my HEART as my daughter!)

    Don't want you to be self-conscious that I'll be reading, but you're writing is so skillfully written & woven with your heart-cries that I'll be checking in for more, more! top

  • Blogger Michelle says so:
    2:04 PM  

    You got me hooked to your site and basically skimmed my way through the entire thing.
    44 days... I can't even imagine. My heart really goes out to you. What courageous and wonderful parents you and David are. (My son's name is David- though I call him little man on my site). I will definitely be back to check up and see how Xavier is doing. He is just adorable! top